It’s girls weekend and you’re ready to take over Vegas. Let down your hair, grab some shots and get down with your bad self!
Of course, any highlight of the time with your gal pals should be shamelessly taking in a little eye candy at one of our highly attended (and recommended) male strip revues. Whether it’s guys in bow ties with smooth choreography at Chippendales at Rio or the sexy stripping Australians of Thunder From Down Under at Excalibur, we’ve got you covered. Well, figuratively speaking.
Male revues offer attendees sexy strip shows that fulfill timeless fantasies. From firemen to construction workers, vampires to cowboys, these guys leave little to the imagination. And there’s even audience participation.
Over the course of the Chippendales and Thunder From Down Under shows, several female audience members are brought up on stage to join the fun. Participants receive personal lap dances, are used as human props or even win prizes by competing in on-stage games.
Who wouldn’t want the chance to interact and see those abs up close? It could be you. So how can you be sure you get picked to go up on stage?
With a line of women waiting and willing, it can be tough to be one of the chosen few. But after witnessing the shows (for uh, research) and talking with the performers of Thunder From Down Under, I’ve compiled a list of tips that could help you get that ‘special’ show experience.
1. Wear a sash. While Matthew Fardell, Thunder From Down Under company manager and dancer, clarifies there are no guarantees for getting on stage, it helps to dress the part. Wearing a bachelorette sash, divorce party sash, birthday girl crown or wedding veil will help them pick you out. Show them what you’re celebrating and they’ll take your celebration to a whole new level.
2. Bring 10 of your loudest friends. When my friends and I attended Chippendales, we got a game plan together to help our birthday gal pal get on stage. When the dancers asked for volunteers we all stood up and pointed her out, yelled obnoxiously and worked together to show her off. She was quickly swooped up to play a dating game.
3. Show your excitement. The guys love to engage women who look like they would enjoy being on stage. Make sure you’re showing them how much fun you’re having! I caught the attention of Chippendale’s front man, Jaymes Vaughan, because I was jamming out to the song he was crooning. They’re going to pick a girl who’s digging the experience over one who looks nervous or unimpressed.
4. Bring your grandma. The Thunder guys keep an eye out for older audience members and love to get a rise out of them. Plus, having a dancer get down and dirty for a sexy senior is a crowd favorite.
5. Don’t get too drunk. No one wants to see a wasted girl on stage. When you’re that far gone, you become a risk for the dancers and yourself. Enjoy your drink, but keep your wits about you. If you’re clawing at the guys or can’t walk up the stairs, don’t expect to make the final cut.
While there are no guarantees that you will get called up on stage, use these tips to up your chances of being one of the chosen few. Plus, you can always introduce yourself to the dancers at the meet-and-greets after the shows.
See The Chippendales at The Rio seven nights a week at 8:00 p.m. with additional 10:30 p.m. shows Thursday through Saturday. Tickets start at $54.95. Group rates are available for parties of 8 or more. Must be 18 or older.
Catch Thunder From Down Under at The Excalibur Monday-Wednesday at 9 p.m., Thursday, Saturday and Sunday at 9:00 p.m. and 11 p.m., and Fridays at 7:00 p.m., 9:00 p.m., and 11 p.m. Tickets start at $50.95. Group rates are available for parties of 10 or more. Must be 18 or older. Guests 18-20 years old must be accompanied by an adult.
–Hilary Billings is a Las Vegas local, travel blogger, and the current Miss Nevada United States. She was recently named Las Vegas Weekly’s Best Blogger for 2013. For more on Hilary, visit her blog! TheNomadGrad.com
You must be logged in to post a comment.